The Bell Foundry has successfully secured over £5 million, £3.5 of this from the National Lottery to support the restoration of the historic Grade II* Taylor's Bell Foundry.
The project aims to save the last major Bell Foundry in Britain, making bells for thousands of buildings across the UK and exporting bells to countries around the world.
The Town Deal is backing this project which will:
- Remove the Bell Foundry from the 'Heritage at risk register.
- Secure the future of the industry in Britain identified as 'Critically Endangered'.
- Create a new Bell Museum with increased and improved access, interpretation, and educational facilities.
- Ensure Taylor's Bells are enjoyed by future generations.
- Contribute to a critical mass of heritage attractions and bring increased visitor spend in the town.
- Put Loughborough on the tourism map.
- Contribute to sustainable growth by retaining employment and manufacturing in an existing building.
Find out more about the project by visiting the Loughborough Bellfoundry Trust website
Loughborough Town Deal Grant: £835,000