4. Loughborough Wood Brook Flood Risk Management Scheme. £2m
This flood defence scheme for Loughborough town centre will bring forward development opportunities and reduce the risk of flooding for hundreds of residents and businesses. The project will:
- Offsets impacts of future climate change providing flood protection for residential and non-residential properties.
- Generate employment and housing site.
- Bring five sites out of flood risk including Limehurst Depot.
- Protects digital connectivity in areas at risk.
- Provides an opportunity for a greener, cleaner Loughborough.
Loughboorough Town Deal Grant: £2 million